Implants are, without a doubt, the ideal solution to missing teeth! As the healthier and most convenient option, there is no question why patients prefer the restoration over other options.
There are no removable pieces or extra steps to maintain the appliance; once implants are placed, you will simply continue to brush and floss as normal! To learn more about dental implants, or schedule your FREE consultation, call our office in Louisville, KY today!
A single implant serves the purpose of replacing a single missing tooth. The loss of a single tooth can have a detrimental impact on your health if it isn’t replaced. The gap can cause surrounding teeth to shift and fall out of alignment. This can lead to:
- Excessive, uneven stress and tension on the teeth
- Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD)
- Loss of more teeth
- Periodontal disease
These types of implants consist of three components that work together to replace a natural tooth and tooth root; this includes the implant post, the abutment, and the dental crown.
- The post is embedded in the jawbone, providing stimulation to the bone and a secure hold for the restoration.
- The abutment acts as a connector between the post and the dental crown, securing the two parts together.
- The dental crown is custom made to serve its function in replacing your natural tooth, both cosmetically and functionally.
For subsequent gaps of three or more missing teeth, a dental bridge may be suitable to be supported by implants. These implant-supported bridges are different from regular bridges, as they do not require perfectly healthy teeth to be filed down or prepared to secure the restoration. Instead, the bridge is secured by two implants on each side of the missing tooth gap.
- Like the single tooth implant, the process starts with the implant posts embedded within the jawbone.
- These posts are secured with an abutment attached to the end, providing a secure base for the bridge.
- The bridge is placed over the gap, with the crowns on each end being cemented onto the abutment for a lasting restoration.
Benefits Of Dental Implants
- Looks and feels natural
- Enjoy your favorite foods again
- Prevents degeneration of jaw bone
- Lifetime potential
Restore Your Smile At Affinity Dental
If you need dental implants, we know you want them done right. Our dental care team is experienced and knowledgeable in the placement and restoration of implants, ready to serve our patients with the best dental experience possible.
Replacing missing teeth is important for your overall health, and we want to see our patients happy and healthy. We invite you to contact us today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about what dental implants can do for you!